We had a wall with bookcases and a fireplace painted.
Two colors were matched before hand with existing wall and door colors at Sherwin Williams. They were perfectly matched for the existing colors, but the formulas used for the paint that the crew came with were different. (?) I didn't know until they were finished and the plastic came down and wall was revealed, and then I checked the cans that were outside by the compressor. They were lighter and more yellow in general terms. Not an issue with Horner, it was a weird Sherwin Williams move...but it seems like you could check when you pick up the paint to see if there is a formula match..? Since I had emailed the info before hand. Luckily, there was plenty of the fireplace brick color remaining so I could repaint a door on the same wall to match more exactly.
The crew did a very thorough job of masking off and creating a plastic tent so they could prime and paint the area.
There was a slight issue with the black metal plate behind the fireplace insert. The edges were not really covered, just taped to the edge, so there was some paint that got on the edge of the plate. I fixed it afterwards with some black grease pencil. But if I had been able to see the process, I would have suggested folding some paper over the edge instead, since there is plenty of room to slide something behind this metal plate. Not a biggie, but I'm glad I had a way to fix it.
Other than that the job was done with minimal upheaval, and didn't even take a full day. It was done by a crew of two people. Looks great.
Hello Nanci. Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. We're glad you're pleased with the final product. Your comments will certainly be used to make us better.